Let's Be More Collaborative
07/25/2012 10:11 ● Published by Rick McGarry
We know that many of our readers are already very involved doing great things in the community. We know that parents are very busy people. We know that our readers don't owe us anything. We publish stuff, and when you have time and you feel like it, you read it. That's pretty much the extent of our implied contractual agreement.
On the other hand, many of you do seem inclined to be a little more involved than that. So for those of you who are enthusiastic about our magazine and our growing community of parents, we want to give some ways you can participate if you like.
1) Even though Livingston Parent Journal is available at almost 350 locations we are always looking for new places: churches, businesses, and schools. So be sure to let us know of family-friendly businesses or organizations that might be interested. Rick@LivingstonParentJournal.com
2) If you have never thanked the location at which you pick up Livingston Parent Journal for having it available, you should.
3) Send us your pictures of children having fun in Livingston County. We love to feature local children in our publication. post them to our Facebook or email them to Info@LivingstonParentJournal.com
4) We always enjoy feedback about which features are helpful or enjoyable to you and why, or what you would like to see in future issues. It's more fun when people talk back. So let us know how we can improve, or if there was an important event that we missed. So we invite you to take advantage of the comment feature on our web site, or email Rick@LivingstonParentJournal.com
5) Patronize our advertisers and let them know you saw their ad in Livingston Parent Journal. They are the ones who make it possible for us to provide our magazine to families at no charge.
6) If the information we publish is helpful to you, share it. Make sure all your friends know what a great resource Livingston Parent Journal is for parents in Livingston County. Be sure to share helpful articles from our web site on Facebook.
8) If you belong to a group or organization, encourage them to submit qualifying events to our calendar. It's free!