Grill Up a Memorable Father’s Day
05/18/2015 04:31 ● Published by Family Features
Give dad what he deserves this Father’s Day – steaks sizzling on the grill and a flavorful gathering shared with family and friends.
This year, give him something he can really sink his teeth into – savory and robust T-Bone steaks. The T-Bone is a thick cut to give you more bone-in strip and tender Filet Mignon for even the heartiest of appetites.
This recipe for T-Bone Steaks with Dad’s Steak Rub features grain-fed cuts from Omaha Steaks, aged to perfection and flash-frozen to capture freshness and flavor. Can’t be there to grill up his special gift in person? Omaha Steaks make the perfect gift, so you can confidently ship them directly to your favorite fellow.
For more ways to honor your dad this Father’s Day, visit www.omahasteaks.com.
T-Bone Steaks with Dad’s Steak Rub
- 4 Omaha Steaks T-Bone Steaks
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Dad’s Steak Rub (see recipe below)
Dad’s Steak Rub
- Yield: 1/2 cup
- 4 tablespoons coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse dehydrated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole dill seed
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin (toasted and crushed coarse)
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander (toasted and crushed coarse)
- Combine all and mix well. Store in air tight container or zip lock bag for up to 6 months.
Note:To prepare cumin and coriander, toast by placing in dry pan over medium heat, shaking pan about 2–3 minutes until seasonings start to brown. Crush using bottom of pan on cutting board or with mortar and pestle.
- Thaw steaks overnight in refrigerator or quick thaw by placing sealed steaks in sink with water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prepare rub recipe.
- Heat grill on medium. Blot dry steaks with clean paper towel, then brush each side with cooking oil.
- Generously season both sides of steaks with rub.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness. For medium rare steak, grill for about 8 minutes on first side and 6–7 minutes on second side.