11/23/2015 04:09 ● Published by Family Features
Pork Crown Roast with Garlic Herb Rub
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup thyme, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup rosemary, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, leaves removed from stem and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound fresh pearl onions, peeled and halved
- 1 Omaha Steaks Pork Crown Roast
- Thaw roast completely and remove plastic packaging.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare rub by combining salt, pepper, garlic, herbs and 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rub with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss with potatoes and onions.
- Liberally rub all sides of roast with remaining rub, including in between bones. Put any excess rub on top.
- Place roast on foil lined sheet pan and spread potatoes and onions around sides of roast. Cook on center rack of oven for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes to 2 hours and 35 minutes for a 9-pound roast, or until internal temperature reaches 145 F in the middle.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting away string and slicing between bones for 16 even portions. Serve with roasted red potatoes and pearl onions in natural au jus.